Monday, March 14, 2011

In Like a Lion, Out Like a Lamb

Mattel Barbie Calendar, Illustrations by Robert Best


I can't believe it's already March!! I feel like two weeks ago I was celebrating the new year. Time really does fly. Especially in your twenties. More on my theory of that later but for now I'd like to share what I get to look at everyday.  My Barbie calendar.  If you're into fashion illustration, barbies, or pretty things to look at this is really a treat. I found it at Barnes & Noble one day when me and the bf fiancĂ©, were lurking around union square along with the all the other creeps in this city.  Anyway it makes me happy and I've never been so happy to turn the page for a new month.  This is this months, it looks awesome against the blue walls in my bedroom.

I really like the angular/assymetrical pose.  It kinda reminds me of portraits of the upper class, like the Anglo Bronzino ones from the 16th century.  The people in those portraits always seemed to be posing in such ways that are very similar to the ways models still pose today in magazines. yup.

Anyway, when I get the time Ill show you guys the January and Febuary pages from the calendar. January was my favorite thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment